.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mutualist Blog: Free Market Anti-Capitalism

To dissolve, submerge, and cause to disappear the political or governmental system in the economic system by reducing, simplifying, decentralizing and suppressing, one after another, all the wheels of this great machine, which is called the Government or the State. --Proudhon, General Idea of the Revolution

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northwest Arkansas, United States

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Twitter

I'm on Twitter now @KevinCarson1

Just occasional brief updates about new publications and appearances. "Occasional," especially, because I have to tweet from public computers; Twitter doesn't load properly on my Firefox browser at home.

4 Comments:

Blogger Daniel B said...

Nice. When are you coming on Google Plus?

August 12, 2011 4:50 AM  
Blogger Kevin Carson said...

I'm afraid I don't foresee adopting it right now. I'm taking the most minimalist approach possible to Twitter, just using it to post announcements. I still follow most stuff through a feed reader.

And from what I hear, you can't really take that minimalist approach to Google+ any more than you could Facebook, so keeping up with all the communications routed through Google+ is like having to work through two email in-boxes every day instead of just one. As it is, I breathe a sigh of relief when I'm done reading feeds and answering email and I have enough energy and attention left to do some real writing.

August 12, 2011 10:51 AM  
Anonymous Shachar Heller said...

That's odd.. I've never known twitter to have any problems with firefox. I've been using it with firefox as well as with pidgin (with an addon) on linux for a while, with no problems.

Anyhow, congratulations on opening the account, I'll definitely follow your tweets :-)

And a quick question, if we're on the subject of web2/social networks - have you joined or are you planning to join diaspora (the open source p2p privacy-respecting facebook alternative)?

August 13, 2011 8:53 PM  
Blogger Kevin Carson said...

I wound up getting Twitter to load by going to the https URL.

I doubt I'll be doing Diaspora any time soon. Social networking, aside from very limited-purpose stuff like Linked-in and using Twitter for announcements, is too much like a job.

August 13, 2011 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home