.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mutualist Blog: Free Market Anti-Capitalism

To dissolve, submerge, and cause to disappear the political or governmental system in the economic system by reducing, simplifying, decentralizing and suppressing, one after another, all the wheels of this great machine, which is called the Government or the State. --Proudhon, General Idea of the Revolution

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northwest Arkansas, United States

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

C4SS Fundraiser: One More Day

Well, we've got one more day left in the C4SS fundraiser and still need a little less than $1800 to pay our writers and staff through December.

As Director Brad Spangler says, if we don't raise enough money by the end of the First Quarter to pay our expenses through December 2010, "our operations are going to have to be cut back." I've already voluntarily cut back my writing pace as my part of an effort to scale back out output to fit our income. But my income from writing is occupying an increasingly important place as a source of livelihood for me right now, and I've cut back to about the minimum I can afford to get by on. I've been signed up for a $20 monthly subscription of my own, but if we don't settle into a reliable and consistent income stream soon I won't be able to keep paying $20 out of nothing.

So I'm watching the outcome of this fundraiser with interest.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has C4SS considered installing Flattr buttons (http://flattr.com/) as a low overhead micropayment method? I usually try to avoid Paypal.

April 14, 2011 11:03 AM  
Blogger Kevin Carson said...

That sounds vaguely familiar, so it's something they may have tried. Not sure. You might contact Brad Spangler through the C4SS website.

April 14, 2011 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home