.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mutualist Blog: Free Market Anti-Capitalism

To dissolve, submerge, and cause to disappear the political or governmental system in the economic system by reducing, simplifying, decentralizing and suppressing, one after another, all the wheels of this great machine, which is called the Government or the State. --Proudhon, General Idea of the Revolution

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northwest Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

At C4SS: In Egypt, as Everywhere, Anarchy is Order

1 Comments:

Blogger Julia Riber Pitt said...

Amazing times we are living in. Awesome article, Kevin.

As I'm in college, I find myself getting into more and more arguments with people who still believe in the state. I'm faced with loaded questions or assumptions that people won't provide for each other unless there's some authority hanging over them (i.e. the "public goods problem") or that free association would lead to tribalism (which sounds very bullshitty if I do say so myself). It doesn't help that in two of my philosophy classes we're reading incredibly statist texts that the teachers use to re-enforce the idea that people "need" to be controlled. I have to ask, do our morals really come from "fear of the stick"? No.

I think Kropotkin was right about the fact that humans, like all animals, have a natural instinct to help each other out, probably more so than other animals because our intelligence has evolved to unbelievable levels. Abolish hierarchal institutions and we will come up with much better ways to form our societies.

February 16, 2011 6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home