.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mutualist Blog: Free Market Anti-Capitalism

To dissolve, submerge, and cause to disappear the political or governmental system in the economic system by reducing, simplifying, decentralizing and suppressing, one after another, all the wheels of this great machine, which is called the Government or the State. --Proudhon, General Idea of the Revolution

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northwest Arkansas, United States

Monday, June 30, 2008

The Art of the Possible

I'm back for another stint blogging at The Art of the Possible. My first post for this run is "Left Opportunism and Crackpot Realism." Readers of this blog will probably also enjoy, especially, two recent posts by Jim Henley and Jackson on the questionable validity of the GDP as a metric.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I see Jim Henley was thinking along the same lines I have, that GDP isn't even GAAP. Well geez, it doesn't take a genius or a CPA. Although I like his elaboration.

GDP is measuring "profitability" purely by means of sales, with no reference to costs of any sort. That is just wrong on the face of it. It's NOT EVEN the bottom line.

But I guess it serves policy makers which is what it seems mostly designed to do historically.

July 01, 2008 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home